4 of 7
What measures should you take to ensure the confidentiality of information ?
There are various measures you can take:
- Locking areas where confidential information is stored;
- Limiting the number of people who have access to the confidential information;
- Labelling information as confidential.
- Changing passwords regularly;
- Encrypting information in emails and marking them as confidential;
- Limiting digital access to confidential information.
- Ensuring your employees can identify confidential information;
- Granting access to classified information on a need-to-know basis only;
- Including a confidentiality clause in all employment contracts on handling confidential information.
- Using confidentiality agreements (non-disclosure agreements, NDAs for short) when negotiating with other partners;
- Providing proof of confidential information, for example using an i-DEPOT.